BE AWAKE AND AWARE
God has given believers numerous commands which, if obeyed lead to victorious and godly lives. Some commands that have spurred me on to fight the good fight of faith are as follows;
- Every believer faces temptations, therefore be on guard continually to avoid entering into temptations. (Matt. 26:41)
- In prayer – Be clear about what you want God to do and diligently commit it to prayer (Col. 4:3; 1Pet. 4:7)
- Be alert, avoid being swayed easily and adversely by circumstances, feelings or other people’s views. (1Thes. 5:6)
- In all things – take nothing for granted and avoid being casual about what or how things are done; godly values and principles must underline all decisions and activities. (2Tim.4:5)
2. Be brave
- Never give up no matter how tough the fight is. Even if you fall, get up and fight on, God is on our side. (Ps. 145:14)
- Maintain your ground at all costs. (Ephesians. 4:14)
- Resist, press forward, and be on the offensive. Desist from the ‘why me’ syndrome.
- Strike deadly blows. (1Cor. 16:13)
3. Be strong
- Keep yourself fit with regular prayer and bible study.
- Lean how to conquer.
- We are in the battle to win or die fighting, giving up is not an option. (Lk. 1:80; 2:40; Eph. 3:16)
God has promised to never leave us or forsake us, He arms us with strength for battle and has given us His Holy Spirit to lead us into all truth. So when the going gets tough Lets remind ourselves to watch, be brave and to be strong.
Dec. 9th, 2017